You know... you can't win 'em all!
Over Christmas break, we enjoyed my Mom's homemade bread on a daily basis. Because there were 10 adults and one toddler, she actually baked a loaf every single day we were home. Bottom line, we got spoiled.
We actually own a fancy (wedding present) bread machine. I had new determination upon arriving back to CA to provide fresh home baked bread for my family too. I mean, really, how hard can it be?
I've tried my Mom's famous recipe before in this machine and it always comes out TERRIBLE. How can you ruin a perfectly good recipe? I don't know, but I'm a champion at this. The bread comes out bitter and sour. It tastes like it rot while baking. Not only that, but it is a small, dense brick. Uff da!
I tried purchasing all new ingredients and baked a loaf last night with great hope it would be good.
Still hopeful...
Why won't you come out!?!
Oh, because you are a terrible, short, dense, brick of a bitter, yucky, rotten loaf!!!!
I have an idea that the bread was just on the wrong setting and am trying again this morning. Will keep you posted...
So that was the "lose" some.
Luckily, not all of my endeavors are disastrous. Lately, I've been needing a way to remember all of my recipes and keep organized for grocery shopping. Pinterest has many examples of menu boards and I finally found the one that seemed right for me. While Dave was away at an interview in Philadelphia, I used my extra time to put together my menu board.
And...
voila...

I used an 11x14 frame, extra scrapbooking paper, two 16 count crayon boxes turned long ways with one side cut out, and clothespins. The idea is to have a stash of cards with a menu idea on the front and a brief shopping list on the back. Each card also tells me where the recipe is located (online, recipe book and page, etc.).
It was so fun to make and will make meal planning so much easier. Hooray for creative creating!

I used an 11x14 frame, extra scrapbooking paper, two 16 count crayon boxes turned long ways with one side cut out, and clothespins. The idea is to have a stash of cards with a menu idea on the front and a brief shopping list on the back. Each card also tells me where the recipe is located (online, recipe book and page, etc.).
It was so fun to make and will make meal planning so much easier. Hooray for creative creating!
In other news, Jack is sucking on his toes.
1 comment:
You did the menu!? I love it. Now I'm motivated.
Post a Comment