Friday, April 20, 2012

Books, Pools, Sewing and other random things

Another random post today.
I have had many things this week that have happened and made me say, "Hmmm...I should blog about that."  Do I remember them now? Of course not.  Let's see if a few bullet points can trigger my rusty post-pregnancy memory.

* My bible study recently dug into the issue of service within the church.  How do we truly journey together in obedience to the Holy Spirit's leading and support each other in practical ways?  At the end of our study, we made a list of things over which we could pray for each other and another list of ways that we needed help.  Do you realize how hard it is for the doer types to ask for help?  

It has been an amazing thing past week to focus my time on blessing others and to be the recipient of support as well.  Once again, I am just so grateful to be in this unique community.


* One month from now, my husband will officially be Dr. Panther.  We are both feeling pretty blown away by the idea of his new title and all that it means.  I for one am absolutely terrible at transitions and sometimes feel like it might be hard to find a new niche in a familiar place.  Can you imagine staying at your college for an extra four years.  After graduation, you just don't fit anymore so it seems a bit odd to stick around.  I'm sure it will be perfectly fine and I'm just psyching myself out.

* Jack loves swimming SO much.  My dear friend Aimee and I run with our babes every day at 4:30pm.  Just today, the weather turned downright hot (over 100 degrees) and we admitted that running at the hottest time of the day may not be the wisest choice.  Instead, we are going to be running in the mornings and Jack and I will try and find a pool to crash in the afternoons.  Is it too much to take your baby swimming every single day?  We're about to find out.


* I am SO in love with my job as an Independent Consultant with Usborne Books & More.
I get super giddy before every home party and feel down right depressed when each one is over.  In fact, I have a party tomorrow with my friend Monica who I met in our natural birthing class.  

Today, my supervisor let me know that this last month, I was #35 in the nation for individual sales.  Isn't that nuts?  I've really been gunning lately in order to have four months of consistent sales to earn an ipad3 for FREE.  Once you get this business up and running, it absolutely snowballs and I've doubled my sales goals each month.  Seriously, this company encourages us to do our business which gives us a great commission and then as a reward for earning our commission they give us crazy stuff like ipads.  No strings attached.

Lately, I've been branching out and supplementing my home shows (still my favorite) with pre-school book fairs and vendor booths.  I took this picture with my phone at a Relay for Life fundraising event.  Isn't my table fun?  Doesn't it just make you want to buy a book?  I thought so too.  :)



My superwoman supervisor, Kim, challenged us one day to make a booking tree.  People can always pick any date for a home show as far as I'm concerned but if they pick one of my bonus dates (aka the ones that I really want to fill) they get book listed with their date for FREE.  Check out my booking tree.




* I'm going to be an Auntie again at the beginning of May.  My sister, Nicole and her husband, Sandy will be welcoming another daughter into their family and giving their first born, Addi, a little sis.  We are all praising Jesus for this new little life and cannot wait to start loving on her when she chooses to make her entrance.  

* Jack still loves to eat although his tastes are becoming a bit more particular.  He used to eat, or at least try, everything we put in front of him.  Now, sometimes he just picks up the food and drops it off his tray or even worse, just makes a stink face and won't even touch it.  Bother.  Let's hope this is just another short lived phase.

YUMMY



* For our 4th anniversary, David went all out and spoiled me rotten.

These are the gifts (read: plural) that were waiting for me.




This was my gift for David.
Hmm.... not as cool.



The best thing I got: a new skirt...
... that he sewed...
...without a pattern.
The 4th anniversary theme is linen/silk so Dave went to Joanne's, chose a beautiful linen print, pre-washed it (way to go, honey) at our friend, Meg's house, made a "sort-of" pattern off of skirts in my closet and used the sewing machine (with phone help from my mom) to sew it.

Needless to say, I was and am very impressed.
Dave sure knows how to make a girl feel special.



* What would a blog be without a little Jack?
This video is all David.  He took him for a walk one day and wanted to document it.
I LOVE this video for several reasons:
1) Jack's voice at the beginning.  I promised myself I would do everything in my power to never forget my children's sweet baby voices.
2) Jack is such a Panther!!  If you knew David and his siblings as kids you would know that they tended to be in their own worlds sometimes and failed miserably to respond when prompted by their parents.  I love the end of the video where David can't get Jack's attention.  Classic Panther.



No comments: