1) Dave's medical school is fantastic. He has made some great friends and has really enjoyed the material thus far.
2) I have a job that pays the bills, praise the Lord! While driving 45 minutes each way can get old, the job itself is proving to be great.
3) We have each other. Somehow the fact that we can come home and be together every evening makes putting up with our surroundings not so bad.
I haven't blogged in a while so here is a picture update of what has happened in the last month.
On August 7th, Dave started medical school. I was unable to be at his white coat ceremony and he was unable to be at Tim's (my brothers) wedding in WA. We took lots of pictures to keep each other up to date.
The week before Tim and Heather's wedding, we kept completely entertained with Nicole and Sandy's beautiful new baby girl, Adalie Nicole Miller. She was born on June 16th and is quite honestly the most perfect baby in the world. She doesn't cry and she is very calm.
This is an outfit that her FAVORITE aunt and uncle, Cami and Dave, bought for her
Her fantastic parents
I learned how to be a "baby-nabber" from my mother.
Adalie snuggling with her Grandad
Incredibly funny moment when we tried to bathe her in a bowl. It was a tad too small.
Tim and Heather's beautiful wedding on 8/08/08
Daisies everywhere
I love Tim!

Their wedding quilt from cousin Jill
It was so good to spend time with family, but I was very anxious to see Dave and get settled in California. After the wedding my Dad and I took off in a moving truck and headed south. My mom ended up flying down to help us get settled as well. It was so great to have them here to see where we live and we can't wait until Dave's parents can do the same next February.
The marathon that is the school year started off relatively well and we are definitely trucking along. Yesterday, we had a Saturday Retreat for my top choir, The Chamber Singers. The kids did well and we managed to get a lot accomplished.
Where it all goes down!
What's next: Parent Night is tomorrow night and I am, of course, totally nervous. Tuesday, my kids sing in public for the first time which is also terrifying. Both Dave and I are looking forward to next weekend when we will head up in the mountains for a Loma Linda med. school retreat. It will be nice to be above the smog.
Also tres exciting is the fact that we are buying a car next weekend. Pictures will definitely follow.
1 comment:
Wow, Cam. You're a champion blogger. Way to get all that info in there. I am very excited to hear how the retreat went...oh and nice couch :-)
Post a Comment