Unfortunately, the day to day work with the kids is still a great challenge. Fighting apathy is my daily battle. I personally feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster each day, knowing that I am qualified and passionate about the job and the next minute knowing that I am trying in vain and probably shouldn't be their teacher.
Last week, I was feeling down on my drive to school when all of a sudden a wet substance, also known as rain, started to hit my windshield. Rain...real, rain for the first time this year. By the time I had reached school, the largest double rainbow I have ever seen was shining in the sky. It was like God was thumping me on the head saying, "Hello, remember me? I've got your back. I promise." So great.
The friday and last day of exams was also Halloween. Dave's class was having a party and we decided to go as long as we didn't have to spend any money on costumes. Hmm...what could we be. I know...each other. I'm not quite sure what possessed us, but we had a great, albeit bizarre, time wearing each other's clothes. As we put the final touches on our "costumes" Dave said, "Hey, what do you think about me shaving off my gotee?" I told him it was completely up to him and in the next thing you knew he was pulling out the razor and going to town.
This event hasn't occurred in the last 6 years.
SO disturbing
Even more disturbing!
The weekend after exams is pure bliss for this Panther Family. We spend every minute together and get the chance to reconnect. This time we capped off our weekend with a hike in the hills around Loma Linda. 
What's next: Dave is plugging away again in classes and labs. Right now they are working on the face, which is proving to be VERY complex. For me: today is the last day of parent/teacher conferences and then a long weekend. We only have a few weeks before the Christmas concert so we are just plugging away at getting those notes learned.
1 comment:
Dearest Cami and Dave,
How are you guys doing? Can we expect to call Dave Dr. Panther soon? Way to go! Sounds like you both are going at breakneck speed, perhaps that's the way it's supposed to be at this point in your lives. As for life on this end, Clay is doing well in school and life, Eric is starting a new job at Dillards this coming week, and I'm still pressing and cleaning clothes at the drycleaners. In this day and age we can be thankful we have jobs, indeed. As for the weather, it is fall beautiful around here, I haven't been cycling for awhile and it's been perfect to get out there. Tell me how you all are doing.
Take care and be safe.
Love to you both,
Aunt Loraine.
Post a Comment