Earlier in the week, my Chamber Singers had the opportunity to sing the national anthem at an Ontario Reign hockey game. It was so exciting to see their excited faces as we stepped out onto the ice. I had the best seat in the house. The kids also were given two extra tickets for their friends and family to come as well, which made the game itself even more fun.
The Spring Concert went really well. I loved the music that I chose and really feel like the kids have improved a great deal.
This was a week of tremendous news as well. My best friend, Kira and my brother, Tim both got into graduate school on the same day. Kira and her husband, Zach, will be moving out east so she can attend Penn State for her MFA in Acting. Tim and his wife, Heather, will be making the tough decision between Vanderbilt (#1 in Audiology) and University of Washington (also among the top schools and oh-so-close to home). I don't envy their decision, but know that no matter what they choose, Tim is going to do a great job.
Then just yesterday, we found out that Sandy, my sister Nicole's husband, just got a job in what seems to be the worst job market ever. WAY TO GO!!!! We are just so excited him.
What's coming up: Dave is really starting to feel the mounting pressure of the end of the year. He has another round of exams in two weeks so this is the time to really push. He is also looking into the future when he has two week long rounds of exams back to back in the middle of May. I know for a fact that he will do a great job, but that doesn't make it any less stressful.
For me: this is a really performance heavy time for my Chamber Singers..in fact, we had another performance last night and have yet another one this coming week. They are doing such a fantastic job and I just plain enjoy working with them these days. Busy is good. Unfortunately, my Concert Choir has a dry spell of four months ahead of us without a single performance and I am struggling to motivate them already. Yikes. Any ideas of fantastic music or activities would be appreciated!
1 comment:
The best choir in the world: OC Chamber Singer 2008-09
Best Conductor in the world: Boss
best future Doctor: Mr. Panther
Post a Comment