Hooray! We've made it to Memorial Day weekend. For the last two weeks, Dave has been a complete stranger to me. He has studied an average of 12-13 hours a day every day and has officially taken his last exam of this year. All of the hard work has paid off with top scores in every class. I love to watch him work...it is a sight to see!
The next stop for Dave will be four weeks of hospital experience. The first two weeks will be in surgery of some kind and the last two will be spent in OB/GYN. Dave is like a kid in a candy store and can't wait to actually be in the hospital seeing his new-found knowledge first hand. I know this might sound gross, but his latest comment was, "I can't wait to see the inside of an alive person for a change."
The only bad parts of the next few weeks are the fact that Dave has to wear shirt and tie everyday, which means excessive ironing for me (my least favorite chore) and the fact that he won't be able to travel to the NW with me for Tim's graduation and Addi's first birthday. Besides these two issues, we couldn't be more excited.
School is going VERY well these days. This past week, I auditioned singers for next year's groups. It is always a mix of excitement over the voices I'm hearing mixed with anxiousness over missing a few key voices topped with pure dread at posting "THE LIST" on Tuesday afternoon. Speaking as a person who did not see her name on those lists in the past, I know the pain and sadness that can come from not making the group. I hardly know how to act the following day as well. You want to enjoy the excitement of the kids who are excited while being sensitive to the kids who are angry/hurting.
All I know is the excellent example set for me by my own high school choir teacher, Mr. Dennis. He would shut the blinds of his office, lock all doors to the choir room, post the list, quietly sneak out of his office, out the back door, around the building, and jump into his getaway car before anyone knew. Tuesday, I'm having the school secretary post the list at her office at 3pm. I will be pulling out of the parking lot at exactly 2:55pm. :)
Dave and I are planning on climb San Gorgonio Mountain tomorrow morning. It will be our first test run with loaded packs in preparation for the Wonderland this summer. I am going to do my best and hopefully will survive in order to post pictures on this blog.
Till then....ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment