Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Snavely Family Reunion 2009

This last weekend, we met up with the Snavely clan at Camp Stover near McCall, ID. It was Dave's first time spending time with my family and I was looking forward to showing him the camp that my grandparents loved so much. Friday morning we lounged around camp and played a bunch of lawn games, including Bocce ball and the golf - lasso - pvc game Dave built (still looking for a good name for this game).

Cami, Addison (Jill's daughter), and Heather

Addison learning how to throw the golf balls

The Bocce ball crew
Friday during the day, we went to McCall lake, rented canoes and kayaks and paddled around the beautiful waterways at the end of the lake. I love being on the water and really enjoyed the upper body work out required to lug a heavy kayak around. The only downside of the whole experience was losing my nice watch I've had since high school. As a teacher, I rely on my watch to pace each and every class. I'm definitely in the market now for a replacement.
Friday evening, we built a fire and as we waited for it to die down for smore making, we sang all of the camp songs that Grandpa Snavely loved so much.
The Snavely Family - minus Uncle Verlin, Aunt Lorraine, Nicole, Sandy, Addi, and Dad (taking pic)


Bequeathing Tim's baby pictures to Heather

Saturday morning several of us took a hike up to Boulder Lake. It was a very scenic trip with good company.
Uncle Wayne, Rachelle, Aunt Jan, Jes, Mom, Dave, and I

The lake itself was dammed up to the brim.


Do we look like family? Ladies in green day!

Saturday night we had a family meeting to update each other on our lives. It was great to hear everyone's stories and to discuss our families future at the camp. Sunday we went to the old hot spring pool called Zims. As kids we enjoyed swimming in the warm water. Since then the pools have not been kept up one bit. Nevertheless, we enjoyed swimming for a bit. After a long afternoon nap it was time for game playing (pinochle and mexican train).
All in all, it was a wonderful time to catch up and to get away from the "city". Now we can't wait for next year.







1 comment:

A Klein said...

Do you have these rockin' family reunions every summer? It looks like such a fun time...I want an invite! :) What an awesome opportunity to enjoy the creation...all the while admiring the creator. Love it. Love it.