At the end of the school year, Dave and I made the last minute decision to drive home in one day in order to celebrate his aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. We loved surprising everyone with our presence and enjoyed an afternoon of singing, bocce ball, and cornhole.
This summer we alternated between staying at the Panther's house in Grandma Goff's motorhome and sleeping on an aerobed at the Davis household. It was so much fun to bounce back and forth between our families and interspersed throughout the summer were fabulous hiking trips.
Our first trip was an experiment in ultralight backpacking with my parents. It has been many moons since my parents enjoyed sleeping in the outdoors. Dave and I manage to convince them that this was because their gear was so outdated. My Dad bought in and purchased ultralight gear for he and my mom. Our destination was Eagle Creek in the Columbia River gorge. The hike had special meaning to Dave and I because it is where we hiked the weekend after our engagement.
All in all, the trip was fantastic and I can't wait for our next adventure with my parents.
Dave gards the only free space in the lot
Dad found the perfect rock for a little R & R
Soaking our feet in the ice cold creek....heaven
So many unique falls to enjoy
Awesome troopers with Tunnel Falls in the background
Noticing the ferns growing out of the ceiling
Mom and Dad headed behind the falls
Our time was short but oh-so-sweet and made me once again grateful for such an amazing friend as Kira. Of course, before we left, Kira and I had to get a few silly pictures in.
A normal picture

So great!

There are no words...

Shhh...we're hiding. I'm pretty sure no one can see us!
No comments:
Post a Comment