Monday, February 15, 2010

Christmas 2009

Yes, I am finally blogging about Christmas even though it is the day after Valentine's Day. When we got back from WA after Christmas, I dove face first into directing two plays at school and am just now re-emerging to tackle normal life.

Our Christmas season started with concerts galore. I sang with the Inland Master Chorale and had my own kid's choir concerts the same weekend. Lots of friends from Loma Linda came to support me which was fantastic considering that Dave's test week coincided with the performances.


Obviously my outfit is amazing!

Minnesota "oh" with bonus bug eyes

My beautiful friends
(Meg, Danielle, Beth, me, Katie, Becca)

For Christmas we drove home on pristine roads after making a quick stop in Adrian to visit Nana and Pappy. This was the "on" year for the Panther family and my first Christmas away from my family. We had a wonderful time, ate way too much, played lots of games, and enjoyed our family to the fullest.

Getting ready to open presents


There was one oddly shaped package with Katie's name on it. Turns out, Jenny bought Katie LOADS of her favorite granola bars. I think Jenny gets the award for most random present.

Dave's Parents

The day after Christmas we got together with the Panther side of the family. We always have a lot of good food and a lot of laughs. You never know what you're going to get with Grandma Panther in the mix. She is quite the character!

I thought it would be a brilliant idea to introduce the Panther family to the game Settlers of Catan. I know that my extended game-loving family has really enjoyed it so I thought we'd give it a whirl. Little did I know that the Panther family would latch onto the game with those Panther claws and not let go. The family averaged 3-4 games played each day of break and even played a game as we were packing and getting ready to go. I have created a monster. :)


After Christmas, we drove to Walla Walla to spend the rest of the holiday with my family. As usual, the highlight was our beautiful niece, Adalie. She is incredibly intelligent and very funny. This was the first year we weren't all together as Tim and Heather were unable to make it home for Christmas. We missed them terribly and hopefully will be able to spend time with them next Christmas.

We had a relaxing and wonderful Christmas break. We both feel so lucky to be a part of our families and to enjoy each other's families so much. God is good.

Addi LOVES Sesame Street and especially Elmo. I caught this video as her beloved Elmo came on the screen. So great.

2 comments:

CooperCasa said...

The first time my family played Settlers we did about 8 hours in one day :)

A Klein said...

Cami, I am giving you the Beautiful Award. Go to my blog to read about it, and then you get to talk about it on your blog!! :)