At 21 weeks, our little boy has proven to be quite the athlete. Our poor ultrasound tech struggled to get good pictures because of his constant moving. Some say that babies develop their personalities in the womb. If this is the case, our little boy will be a non-stop mover. While Dave and I are both quite cuddly people, it is a nice thought to think about a little boy keeping us on our toes and hopefully enjoying the outdoors as much as we do.
This second trimester has been a breeze. I feel great, minus some nagging sciatic nerve issues. I know that being super pregnant during the heat of a So Cal summer may not be the top of my wish list, but I am so grateful to have the time after school gets out to prepare and enjoy the last phase of this pregnancy. More than anything, I just can't wait to meet this little one and figure out who he is.
This one is tough. Over to the left we have two legs and tiny proof of our son!

Dave is currently on his family rotation at Kaiser Ontario which is a few blocks down the road from my school. We've been carpooling together each day, which has been wonderful time together. We just plain enjoy being in the same place and the same time and it makes the commute so much more bearable. Dave has three more weeks on this one and then he is on to his Internal Medicine rotation, his last and arguably hardest rotation of the year. We've been enjoying our time together and I am reminded to cherish it as he will soon disappear into the long days and nights of the hospital.
So many exciting things are on my docket for the spring:
Choir Festivals with my kids
Guest Speaking on worship at a local Christian college
Our 3rd anniversary
A trip to MN to see my best friend, Kira, and sing with the St. Olaf Choir Reunion group
Coordinating a wedding
Baby Showers
And a trip to WA for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary
This is called....Cami's last hurrah before the baby comes. I really am getting to experience everything I could hope for before I commit my life to being the best mom possible. I know my track record is horrific, but with an adventure list like this, you can expect a string of blog posts to recap.

No comments:
Post a Comment