Sunday, April 17, 2011

Angry Birds

Have you ever heard of birds that chirp in the middle of the night?
I sure haven't.
Imagine my surprise to find that our neighbors are a group of horrid little birds that try and hail the morn starting at 2 am each evening. It's now been three nights of torment and my only thought is that of a large rifle and purest revenge.

So, Dave and I just celebrated our 3rd year anniversary on April 5th. It was great to think back on all that has changed in our lives over the last few years and to enjoy our last anniversary as a family of two.

We got a stellar coupon from Groupon for a wonderful little french restaurant for dinner and Dave made me a whole wheat apple pie as a love gift. It was a wonderful day.


Last weekend, some great girls from my bible study rented a house on the beach down in Carlsbad. We had the second floor of the house in this picture complete with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. We had a balcony with a hot tub overlooking the ocean and just had the BEST time enjoying God's creation and spending time with each other. I came back totally refreshed and recharged.


The view from the living room
We celebrated three birthdays that weekend. Natalie brought a delicious cake for Beth's big day.


This Thursday, Dave and I attended our first Bradley Method class.
There are so many unknowns with this baby and taking this class is such a wonderful way to prepare ourselves for the birth experience. The emphasis of the Bradley Method is on teamwork between the husband and wife and on truly preparing yourself through preparation exercises, nutrition, and learning relaxation techniques. Dave felt really empowered to actually have a way to contribute to this process.


We capped off this week with my school's Junior/Senior Banquet at Union Station in LA. The kids were lookin' good and it was great to get out for the evening. I was actually able to fit into a pre-pregnancy dress and it felt great to not feel like a blimp for a while.

The sideview
Wonderful colleagues Carolyn and Jessica. BTE forever!


23 1/2 weeks

Dave starts his Internal Medicine rotation tomorrow with the toughest assignment, inpatient at Riverside. He will have a 40 minute drive each way and incredibly LONG hours with overnight call every four days. I am preparing to support him at home and spend a lot of time all by my lonesome. Dave is feeling pretty stressed not particularly because of the rotation, but because he won't have any free time to investigate various options for his future. He is having a mid-med school crisis and is now looking at the possibility of dermatology as a career path.

This week is huge for me. We have our Good Friday chapel on Friday which I still have a lot of work to do in order to write. On Wednesday afternoon, I'm driving to Pasadena to present my thoughts on Music in Worship as a guest speaker at Providence Christian College. I have a LOT of prep to do in order to feel prepared on this one. I am honored and very humbled to be chosen for this one and want to do my very best.

If I can make it through this next week, my reward will be the latest school spring break ever. Can't wait for a week off!

No comments: