Sunday, October 19, 2008

Forced Fall

Crisp fall weather, rosy cheeks and noses, hot apple cider, mittens and scarves. Ah...the beauty of the changing leaves and the knowledge that winter is right around the corner.

This morning after church, we joined the JMA, an organization for married med students and their spouses, on an outing to an apple farm. Dave and I dressed in our fall finest, long sleeve shirts and scarves. I think in the back of our minds we somehow think that the above picture of fall is something that we can create regardless of whether or not the season is actually upon us. It is not and we cannot. The apple orchard was VERY California. People wandering around with their shorts and tank tops, cell phones, and whining kids. Dave was a pro at picking apples and I plan to make an apple crisp this afternoon.







On the way home, we found a note on our car window which told us that someone had found my wallet. Long story short, we spent about an extra hour wandering around trying to connect with the person so gracious as to pick it up. I don't expect much of people down here and it was wonderful to find someone who was honest and willing to help out a stranger.



As we came down the mountain, we were met with the view of a WALL of smog. The picture can't even come close to doing it justice, but you can at least get the idea. At one point in our quest to find the wallet, we were a little lost and I said to Dave, "Honey, just follow the smog home!" Uff da.



This one is for Mom and Dad. About a week ago, the raspberry plant just took off. We are using the tomato cage right now but know that we'll have to find something taller soon. Hooray!

No comments: