Hot, fresh, home-made artisan bread. Is there anything better? My sister found this book called, Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day. It lays out an easy way to make dough in bulk and then enjoy fresh bread everyday for a week. Genius. I've enjoyed experimenting with different recipes and feel all kinds of domestic when I get to provide a fresh loaf with a dinner meal.
Is there anything more glorious than sun tea and tomatoes fresh from your own garden? I very much doubt it. There are times, well, I'll admit most of the time, I want nothing more than to be home growing veggies, baking bread, and hopefully someday caring for a new little Panther. My desire is to start a family and be home, but our bank account is saying otherwise. Just when I start feeling sorry for myself, I'm brought back to the reality that God has provided a great job for me doing something I enjoy with great students. Ok...for now I suppose I can just "rest" and be where I am not worrying about what comes next. For now, I will continue to play the balancing act of life as a full-time plus woman with the desire to be away from the work force.
Update:
Last Saturday, Dave came with me to school for an all-day Chamber Singers retreat with my kids. It was a day of bonding, rehearsing, eating, and all things good.
18 of the best kids around!


We really came together so much so that over the course of the week, 16 out of the 18 kids got sick including me!!! Ahhh... no good. I ended up staying home Wednesday and Thursday and am still battling a wicked cough.
Dave had a smack of reality this week as his homework load has kicked into high gear. Second year of medical school is the real deal and he is starting to feel it. I wish so badly that there would be something I could do to help, but until I find it, I'll just keep making him dinner, washing his clothes, and keeping the house clean.
Today we are headed up to the Pine Springs retreat which the college puts on for all medical school students. It will be great to get out in the mountains, spend time with friends, and enjoy the hilarious talent show this evening.
Coming up next: I have a few evening performances this next week, kids auditioning for an honor choir next Saturday and then Dave and I are headed to Disneyland for my birthday next Sunday. Hooray! Should be a good week!

No comments:
Post a Comment