Friday, July 16, 2010

Celebrate Good Times...C'mon

After graduation and boards, Dave and I went into celebration mode. When Dave got accepted to medical school two years ago, we went to the fondue restaurant, The Melting Pot, to celebrate. We figured that finishing boards was another good reason so we found a Melting Pot and has a phenomenal meal.
We love fondue!
Dave's birthday was two days after boards which called for an epic birthday party. We invited all of our friends to a local park and had a big bar-b-que, played lawn games, and of course, busted out our high quality pinata. Dave and I acquired the pinata for .50 cents at a yard sale.

First, Dave reinforced the pinata with duck tape. Classy!



After the park, we headed back to our place for games, coffee, and huckleberry pie.


Happy 28th Birthday, Dave!

We only had a week and half before Dave's third year would start, so we decided to make a long weekend trek to New Mexico. Gallup is the only place I've lived that Dave hasn't seen and I wanted him to enjoy the beauty of the southwest and meet the people that made my time there so special.

We were able to stay with good friends, Ron and Mary Lou Donkersloot. Our time was filled with eating way too much green chili, watching the world cup, and hiking. Definitely, our idea of a good time.

One of our hiking trips was to Canyon de Chelly in northwest Arizona. This picture is of Spider Rock. Navajo children are told of the spider woman who lives on this rock. If you are a bad boy or girl, the spider woman will come and carry you to the top of this rock. The white stuff on top of the rock is said to be the bones of those children.




On the rim, ready to hike to the bottom

Our hike of the day was to the bottom of the canyon to see "the white house", a well preserved cliff dwelling.

Can you see the house?


There it is


The hike down had cool walkways like this one







The morning we left, we hiked Pyramid which is right across Route 66 from Rehoboth. When I lived at Rehoboth, I hiked Pyramid at least once a week. I know the hike like the back of my hand and it was wonderful to share it with Dave.


No comments: