Upon returning from New Mexico, Dave and I attended his Clinical Rotation Commencement Dinner. The School of Medicine puts on this lovely "vegetarian" dinner to celebrate the completion of board exams and to start off the second half of medical school which is made up entirely of clinical rotations.
Balcony overlooking the valley where we live
Dave jumped right into his Psychiatry rotation. As it turns out, he has really enjoyed it. Because he was already in school, I had to leave him in CA in order to attend the Snavely Family Reunion in Walla Walla. I had two weeks with my family and loved every minute of it. My mom's siblings and their families always get together for the 4th of July weekend and this year we met up in Walla Walla.
When we get together, we often choose activities that would be honoring to my grandparents. Both of my grandparents loved the outdoors, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
One of my projects while I was home was to sew a little dress for Addi. I grew up in 4H and "learned" how to sew by my mom telling me exactly what to do. As an adult, I couldn't read the directions to a dress pattern to save my life so I thought it was time to practice while I had my mom nearby to bail me out when I got stuck.
I loved sewing this adorable dress even though it won't fit Addi until next year.
The finished product
"Ooooo...pretty!"
Oh well...we tried! Nicole quickly put her in another outfit and after a hug from Grammy and a piece of cheese (cheese fixes everything), she was all better.
Addi's version of "Ring around the Rosie"
No comments:
Post a Comment