A few weeks ago, Dave and I headed down to the San Diego Wild Animal Park after church. San Diego has two fantastic zoos. The San Diego Zoo is located in San Diego (duh!) and is a fantastic version of a traditional zoo. The San Diego Wild Animal Park is actually in Escondido and is a totally different experience. Rather than having animals in small cages, the animals are kept in large habitats farther away from people. In fact, one of my main areas is only accessible by a bus. We absolutely loved seeing animals this way.
Giant blue bird
The park has successfully bred over 100 rhinos here
It's a tough life here in Southern California
My favorite
We always forget to take pictures of ourselves. This was after the park when we were getting ready to leave. Oops.
This last week, I hosted our women's bible study at our new house. It was comical trying to fit all of us in our tiny living room. Still, we had a great time reconnecting after many were gone this summer. God has blessed me big time with this fantastic group of women and I am so honored to walk through this season of life with these girls.
Thanks Ev, for the pic!
Dave has one more week of neuro before his surgery rotation starts. This will be a major change of pace as surgery traditional requires 12 hour shifts everyday. His first day is also my first day of the school year so we are preparing to be strangers in the night for a few months.I am feeling really excited and ready for this school year. I'm not sure if it is the fact that I am well prepared because of all of the hours I put in during the summer or if it the "last hurrah" syndrome because this will hopefully be my last year teaching for a while. Either way, I'm completely at peace with the summer ending and super excited to see my kiddos!
No comments:
Post a Comment