Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Word

For a few weeks now, Jack has spent his days "reviewing" words that he knows.
He points to various objects and we tell him what they are called.  His favorites are:

door
computer
clock
piano
plant
Mama
stove

Every once in a while, we think he might be repeating us.  We say, "Did you hear that? "  "Am I just making this up?"

But yesterday, August 28th, there was no mistaking.
I was laying on the couch with Jack.  He was lifting up my shirt and playing with my belly, a normal daily occurrence.  He was chatting away when I finally tuned in to what he was saying.

BEH-BUH
BEH-BUH


Yep...belly button.

Jack's first word....er...words: belly button

Usually, he won't repeat great acheivements on cue for Dave to see too, but when he got home from work, right on cue Jack said it again...and then again and again.  We even got to share it with Grandma on the phone.  

The video is a bit long but I knew his family would love to see his quirky self.

Enjoy. 



No comments: