WHAT?
You heard me correctly.
Cade and Jack are sleeping in their respective rooms and Dave is napping on the couch.
It's official.
I've arrived.
What new moms need to know is that no matter how ugly the newborn days become, and let's be honest, they can be pretty ugly, they will, without a doubt, get better. Does your baby cry every waking hour of the day and night? They will stop. Are you not getting enough sleep to see straight? You will. One night your baby will sleep a little bit longer. You'll wake up in an absolute panic thinking something terrible has happened to them. You'll launch yourself to their crib to check and lo and behold, you'll find a sleeping, peaceful baby.
Six weeks old and Cade has arrived.
During his awake time he is mostly content to lay on his back and interact with us or to face out as we hold him. He has fallen into more predictable patterns of sleep, eat, awake times which makes planning our days and living our lives so much easier. Dave and I are finally both sleeping in our bed at night with Cade in his own room. Jack has finally adjusted to having a little brother around and is no longer throwing tantrums. Well, that's almost true. Now they have more to do with being a two year old and less to do with his new brother. :)
Cade is somewhat of a giant.
He is now wearing six month clothes at six weeks old and has graduated to size 2 diapers. His first doctor's appointment is at the end of this month and I can't wait to see where he falls on the growth chart. It should be pretty epic. As of last night, he weighs 12.4 lbs.
At the last minute, I decided to make Jack a Halloween costume.
Our church does an amazing Reformation Night where no one dresses up, but first we have met up with friends downtown Redlands to trick or treat at the local businesses. The only movie that Jack has ever watched is Disney's Robin Hood so I knew that would be a great costume for him. I whipped together this little felt number and Dave fashioned the bow and a quiver of arrows and we were good to go. In fact, Jack won Best Superhero Costume at our local library costume parade.
Having a two year old is SO MUCH FUN!
Watching him experience the delights of childhood for the first time is the highlight of our days.
Jack's first pumpkin carving experience.
My friend Valerie blessed us with these adorable matching PJs.
Every time I look at these pictures, I get so excited thinking of all the adventures these two will have together throughout their lives.
Cade, you've stolen our hearts!
1 comment:
I love reading this Cami! It gives me hope for when my next little one arrives :)
Post a Comment