Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cade's First Birthday Party

Just so everyone is clear, this is Dave posting and the quality of the prose will be notably poorer.  Last week was my first vacation week of the residency year, and it was as good as anyone could have hoped for.  We kicked it off with a birthday party for Cade with lots of friends from different circles.  We had a "ball" themed party, and had an extra 100 balls added to the ball pit, aka a swimming pool repurposed for dry fun.


Cade was as cute as ever, of course.


And lovable too!

 

Cami borrowed the idea of a bike parade from a college friend, in which kids all bring the their bikes or other wheeled items to be decorated.  There were streamers and helium balloons to be tied on, and then it was time to be off!  Cade rode in the seat of honor, pushed by Cassi.


Go everyone, go!


When that was all over, we had dinner for the express purpose of minimizing the room in our tummies which would otherwise be used to gorge on Cami's amazing from-scratch cake recipe.  There were cake pops, actual cake, and a special gluten-free one just for Cade to play in.  He knew just what to do


"I don't always eat cake, but when I do, I prefer gluten-free"


I win!


Don't even think about touching my cake...


And then, it was bath time.

No comments: