The Panther Family had a big week! On Monday afternoon we sold my beloved Honda. Those that know me know that I am not particularly skilled in the area of change and know that I am a sentimental mess when it comes to things like this. During college I worked three jobs during the summers in order to buy this car. It was my first purchase as a "real" adult. Unfortunately my sweet Honda doesn't have a working air-conditioner which would be a huge problem when we move to California.
As we watched the car drive away with its new owners, I couldn't help but be a little weepy. I spent the evening feeling sorry for myself until.....the phone rang. It was the principal at Ontario Christian School in CA offering me a teaching job at their high school. HOORAY!!!!!! The job is definitely going to be three choirs and will either be music appreciation or a chapel leadership class and then....there came the catch. They would offer me the job if I would agree to teach the journalism class and be in charge of the school newspaper. Pardon? You want me to teach what? I do enjoy reading and writing, but have absolutely no knowledge or skill in the area of journalism. I'm sure I'll spend every extra minute this summer reading about how to teach journalism and hopefully survive this wild time. Nevertheless, I am grateful for the job!
This Friday was Dave's 26th birthday. We walked into downtown Bothell in the morning to eat breakfast at a tiny cafe (yum!) before opening presents. In the afternoon, we went for a hike down to the bottom of Snoqualmie Falls and then watched a movie at home. During the evening we attended Joel Ulrich's last concert as choral director at Bellevue Christian. It was an epic 3 1/2 hours long.....whew! We figured that after that we desired a little reward so we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for coffee and dessert. A wonderful day overall.
Today brings grading and packing as we wrap up our life in Seattle. Next week will prove to be equally momentous as my sister is being induced on Tuesday night and we should be hearing the news of my nieces birth sometime on Wed. (Lord willing!). Life is moving at such a rapid pace, but we are hanging onto each other and enjoying every minute.
This is my somewhat strange attempt at an artsy shot at the falls
No comments:
Post a Comment