Thursday, June 26, 2008

On the road again....


... just can't wait to get on the road again."  I don't think I know anymore of that song.  :)  Dave and I are officially on the move and gearing up for our ultimate adventure summer.  Last weekend we spent every waking moment packing up our tiny apartment while marveling at the seemingly endless amount of stuff we were able to fit into such a small space.  On Monday morning, we picked up the U-Haul and brought it home so Dave could start loading it while I headed to school for my official check out.  

Checking out meant saying goodbye to the classroom that has held my joy for the last two years, my dear work friends, and a wonderful principal.  I have such a deep love for BCS and am beyond grateful that I was able to call it home.  Turning in my keys was my last act and then I was on the road headed back to the house to finish packing. 

 I must say that we are total rock stars.  I helped Dave with all of the heavy stuff, but he packed the entire truck himself, masterfully arranging things so they would be protected and so every nook and cranny was filled.  Meanwhile, I did a deep clean on the empty apartment, something I LOVE to do anyway.  

By 4pm we were saying our final goodbyes and driving away.  For the last few days we've been crashing at the Panther homestead, enjoying time with family and relaxing.  Today we are headed to Walla Walla to do much of the same with the Davis side.  Tomorrow (Fri), Dave and Jenny are headed up Mt. Adams for one last mountaineering adventure in the northwest (tear).  This weekend we are planning on seeing our eye doctor (thanks Dad) and playing some golf.

Tuesday, early morning, we will be hopping on a plane to Rome to begin our "real" honeymoon.  Expect extravagant blogging to commence!




At the request of Virginia, Dave's mom, this is a picture in front of our first home



No comments: