Friday, June 6, 2008

The Journey Begins

Greetings from the Panthers! We figured it was time to switch over from the "All About Cami" blog titled, "Washington My Home" considering that the my is now our and the Washington is soon to become a California. :) This first post will just be a brief overview of the events of the spring of 2008.

We were married on April 5, 2008 in a beautiful ceremony in my hometown of Walla Walla, WA. We have been loving married life and are soon moving to Southern California for Dave to attend Loma Linda Medical School in the fall.




A few months ago, we flew down to CA for a job interview and to find a place to live. It was a fruitful trip as we were able to sign a lease on a place having found it in one day. However, the worst part was all that is CA. The smog was terrible. Apparently there are beautiful mountains right next to where we live. I'll believe it when I see it. We've included a little game for you today called, "Where are the mountains?" If you can find them, give yourself a high five.


On my (Cami) mom's birthday, May 22nd, Dave and I traveled to Eugene, OR to attend my sister's baby shower. She is due in a few weeks and we are all wigging out in true Davis fashion. More news and, I'm sure, pictures to come...

On the way home we stopped by Silver Falls outside Salem, OR. It was fantastic.



I know I'm out of order, but also this spring, we took a trip to the Tri-Cities to spend time with Dave's family and especially his mom for Mother's Day. While we were there we got the whole gang together for a rousing round of miniature golf. I was picturing the fake grass, short holes, windmills, you know, the works, but instead, we ended up playing a course owned by a real golf course. The holes were pretty intense, ala dog leg to the right. We had a great time even though I lost terribly. :)

In other news, we are planning to sell my Honda in the next few days, which is great because it doesn't have air conditioning (a problem in sunny CA), but a bit sad because it was my first big adult purchase.

I'm keeping busy finishing out the school year and passing the torch to another teacher while Dave plans our move and our honeymoon to Europe. So fun....so much to share.



No comments: