Friday, August 2, 2013

Video Update

Every single time I see my Father-in-law Steve, he mentions how much he LOVES reading our blog, especially when we post videos of Jack.  Well, Steve, today is your day.  It was so fun to look back on the last month of Jack-isms as his language develops each day.  When he was an infant, I longed for the days that he and I could actually converse and here we are...we have arrived!

We are getting settled in our new house while Dave adjusts to a new residency program (which he loves).  Our boxes are unpacked but there are still so many projects on the docket.  The baby's room is 90% painted and now we need to start tackling the painting of the dresser, crib, and bookshelves.  Hopefully, we'll be able to finish before baby is born.  It wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't, but I am keenly aware that my Mama brain is going to be functioning at a much higher level now than after he is born and the chances of me making wise decorating choices are much, MUCH higher now rather than later.

Did I mention that new baby still doesn't have a name?
Yep.
I'm coming up on 35 weeks pregnant and we still can't decide.
Poor little guy.

I just finished a week of playing the piano each evening for our church's VBS program.  It was wonderful to be able to serve in this way (with lots of childcare help from my friend Aimee).  Next we have Jack's 2nd birthday, an Usborne book fair, and lots of doctor's appointments leading up to the big day.

Video contents:

Fun times with Grandma - This is a toy that has been around since Dave was a little boy.  Good stuff!

Packing up the old house - Periodically, Dave likes to document all of the words that Jack can't pronounce correctly.  Of course, we all know that he pronounces many, many words in the proper way, but the list is still so stinkin' cute!

Moving In - look at all those boxes.  Uff da!  Jack loves to say his alphabet.

Dinnertime Conversation - He is so incredibly tired in this video and just started spouting off to Dave about his day.  Our library really does have a Guinea Pig as well as tropical fish, spiders, lizards, snakes, exotic birds, etc.  Mini zoo and library in one!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is the sweetest little boy in the whole world! Thanks Cami and David for the great videos - it is almost like we are there. We are praying for you all every day, that the Lord will protect and guide you and the new little one will be born healthy and bright. What a great big brother he will have! Thanks, grandpa.

Janet said...

I watched this video with Meredith and now she is wandering around the house going, "buddy Ja! Buddy Ja!"