Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Before Baby

These are the last days before we become a family of 4.
I very much am aware that my days of having extra time to myself (i.e Jack's nap time) are swiftly coming to an end.  It could be days or weeks before we are thrown back into the sleepy fog of those newborn days only this time we can't sleep when the baby sleeps as the experts recommend because we'll have a wide awake toddler also needing our time and attention.  Oh boy!

Remember that imminent haircut I was talking about?  Well, it happened.  The first pictures you see are of David clipping a few precious hairs to save in Jack's baby book.  Then I took over for the real haircut. Dave didn't get any pictures (shocking, I know).  Of course, he hovered and critiqued my every move until I handed him the scissors and just let him do the rest of it.  I always imagined that I would be the one to cut my children's hair, mostly because my mom was the one that cut our hair growing up.  But, when it comes down to it, Dave is such a perfectionist and is fabulous at working with his hands.  He did a great job and so did Jack thanks to Richard Scarry's "The Best Counting Video Ever".

Here we go 



Goodbye adorable baby curls



Haircut aftermath
Also showing Jack enjoying all of the baby gear we are getting out of storage for his baby brother



Speaking of baby brother...
I'm as big as can be and ready to meet this little guy


No comments: